Happy Sunday and Happy Independence Day to my lovely country, Indonesia!!
I wish our country could be better than before and get a huge improvement in many aspects, aamiin.
By the way, it has been a long time i didn't post anything on my blog. Sometimes i didn't know what i wanted to post, i trapped in my own thought, and found my self hard to express something. It was a difficult time for me. I had struggled and forced my self up again after i felt down due to the bad experiences that i had been through. But yeah, that's life. There are always the ups and downs in life to prove that we are alive as human beings and as a learning process too. Because the best teacher is our experiences.
Anyway, there are lots of stories that i want to share, good stories indeed. Yes, after hardship always comes ease, doesn't it? I should be more and more grateful of God's blessing. Allah has proven that He loves me so much, until i can say to my self there's no other loves that are bigger than Allah's love. Allah has perfectly planned everything for His creation.
However, here the story begins...
Everyone knows, studying aboard is quite expensive, so i attempted to get a full scholarship for it. But in the process to get the scholarship -- while i was collecting some documents -- suddenly i got a call from a well-known company in Indonesia. Because i had applied my CV and passed some tests in that company before i applied my document to those universities. That company said, they invited me to take the next test to be their employee. It was a surprising news indeed. I never expected that company would call me back, it had been 3,5 months after the last test in March 2014 and i didn't receive any response about it. I thought they had rejected me, so i decided to apply my document to several universities in UK.
So, when i took the next test -- the fifth test -- i didn't expect to be accepted. I just joined the test as they suggested to me. But again, it was an unexpected thing, they called me back for the last test. It was a presentation. They gave me a problem and i should solve it around 45 minutes and present it in front of the top level of managers in that company. I attempted to present it with English and fortunately i could present it quite smoothly. After that test, I shouldn't wait for a long time, approximately in the afternoon at the same day, the recruiter called and told me that i have been accepted as a new Management Trainee for their company, PT Indocement Tunggal Prakarsa, Tbk.
After talking with my parents, i got some advices from them. These are the conclusion of their advices :
1. My aim to continue studying aboard is to get a better job when i'm back to Indonesia. So, when the opportunity has called me before i go abroad, why should I neglect it? Studying aboard won't guarantee us to get a better job, it depends on our effort too.
2. It's a well-known company with an excellent reputation. It's not easy to get. Many people are seeking this opportunity too. Indeed, my self, i had felt how hard it was to get a good job in a reputable company, moreover for the Management Trainee programme which has an obvious stage in career.
3. We don't need to go abroad if we want to grow. As long as we have a global competence to compete with other workers due to the Asean Free Trade Area Programme in 2015, we could have an excellent career in our country.
4. After i have finished this Management Trainee programme in a year, i will have other opportunities to continue my master degree at university in Indonesia (I may take a night-class) while working in this company. So, i can get both of them at the same time. It's not because i'm too ambitious, i just want to learn more and to be more useful as a human being. And I still have so many big dreams in the future indeed.
5. The last but not least, if I want to go aboard, i can do it for holiday! Or hopefully someday, i would have a chance to do a business trip there, hehehe..
So, i decided taking this opportunity, to continue working in Indonesia. I brought my self back to the time when i was submitting my CV in that company. I said to my self, "yes, this is what i need and what i want. Don't you remember how long and hard it was in the past? Yes, Allah has arranged everything. Allah knows what's the best for us. This opportunity is from Allah..."
Furthermore, when i went back to that company for signing a contract, i was more surprised. The salary is far more than i expected. Even though it's not my first priority, but i don't want to be so naive. Mostly, people seek a good job, to get a good standard of living. So, why should i neglect it? I can save it for my future and use it to help more people around me.
Thank God. I hope it's the best decision that i have chosen. Moreover, i got it in Ramadhan. So, i think it's one of God's blessings too. I want to learn more, to grow higher, to enhance my career, to be more professional, to create a good reputation and trust, and to establish some achievements. Money and position are other things which will follow us if we work hard to cultivate a good thing.
And for me, working is another kind of worship to God. So, i should be more vivacious to do my new job here.
Ya Rabb, please guide me in appropriate ways, don't let me choose the wrong way, guide me in the right path, hold me to remember you all the time, so i will always remember that everything you have given to me is Yours and temporary. Yes, because everything in this world is just a tool for me to get closer to You. Again and again, i should say "fabiayyiaalaairobbikumatukazzibaan..."